Sunday, February 8

How Sweet

Thanks so much for the all the well wishes and comments lately, it makes it easier to manage the not so swell days/weeks/months of being pregnant. And WOW I can't believe it's 60+ degrees today!! After all the cold & snow of the last few weeks, I don't want this warm spell to ever end!!!

I really am glad tho because it prompted me to get out the house & take kiddo swimming. Now I NEED to be in the pool, but I'm using not having a swimsuit that fits as my excuse, lol. I'm just enjoying the sunshine and being able to hang out indoors in short sleeves.

I have been working on some thangs lately when my energy allows, no maternity wear surprisingly, just not in the mood - I've been sewing for others. I made kiddo-on-the-way AKA "Deuce," a baby quilt (gasp) and a floor blanket. I'll post those pics soon.

I made kiddo a pair of plaid slacks and a mattching purse, and now I'm making my little sister a suit from McCall's 5814 and BurdaStyle 6012. The skirt is done and it's really cute. I really impressed myself by following through on a non-envelope Burda pattern, now if I could just finish a BWOF.....



On My Mind...

In the past few months the blogosphere has blessed us with stories of the bitter and the sweet. I'm not yet ready to unguard myself and get too personal, but I truly admire those who share the good, the bad, and the ugly in their lives and remind us of the strength one can possess within and the love & support that the community can provide (reminds me that there are some good souls still in existence on this earth).

A couple of women have really inspired me lately and I just want to pay homage and THANK them for being so inspirational and sharing the blessings that can come from a painful situation - on top of being super creative and super classy ladies - OKAAAAAAAAYYYY! (lol). I don't know about y'all but they have left a sweet taste in my mouth.

Life Happens Be Positive

Domestic Diva's Disasters

So I am awarding them with the:


Now this is my own personal choice to do this thing but if you know of a blogger who deserves this award spread it around so we can share those positive vibes.


Let me get this out of the way... Although I haven't worn it yet, here is Simplicity 3678, preggified. I just added 1.5 inches at the waistline to make room for Deuce. My sister says it's too bright for the current season, but I NEED SUNSHINE WHEREEVER I CAN GET IT FROM. I am a SAD sufferer. (That's why I need to get to the west hubby OK?? Are you listening?? hello???? lol.)


I leave you with a song for now.



I'd post a freebie, but support this sis!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...thank you for saying such nice things about me. It's been a tough road, but we are now 1 month since my daughter's kidney transplant! Yippee! She's doing GREAT!

Thanks for your continued support and friendship!
Lisa

Amy Bailes said...

You look great! Have you found out what you're having? Do you want to know?

Meg said...

I love the print on the dress, you look fresh and sunny....

Carla(LoverofWords) said...

I think the dress looks nice and I love the fabric

Anonymous said...

ok big sister... now you have to follow my Blog!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

The dress is fabulous. You look great!
Angela

bbitce said...

Man, what a difference six months make! Congrtulations on 'deuce'!

Kathleen C. said...

You look great! And that dress (and sunny print) are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

oh i'm so late! (i've been having plenty of those "not so swell" days and weeks without being pregnant!)

the song sounds nice. i wasn't familiar with angela johnson before now, but love me some julia dexter. thanks for sharing.

you look so puuuurty in the dress. awwww! lol!

the skirt is really cute. i like your fabric choice. the second pic was initially confusing to me, but i get it now. duh! i can be slow sometimes.

nice gesture with the blog acknowledgments. i've come across so many similar ones and am always grateful for all the inspiration.

Pam Erny said...

Love Love Love that dress! It's NOT too bright...it's fabulous!

Pam ~Off The Cuff~

Pam Erny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.