Tuesday, December 22

Nobody Jones



Last year I got rid of my duct tape double, Betsey Brown. I thought my body was going to have major changes, but it's pretty much the same except for my waistline, which is a bit lot larger. I'm not regretting too much, I only used her as a hanger to help me pin things in place.

Now I'm using my original form I won on e.b.a.y a few years ago. A vintage "Adjust-O-Matic" model that cost abt $20-$30. Its totally made of well aged cardboardish material and held together by brass brads. I used it for a minute when I first got it then packed her up and stuck her behind some junk in storage.

Luckily she's still in good shape, so she will be my main sidekick for a while. She was neglected and forgotten for so long, but now she's gonna be a starruh! I've named her Nobody Jones.


hey, didn't you read the PR article about "styling" our project pics... 
at least I tried, lmao!!!!

The dress I'm wearing is Simplicity 2472 by Cynthia Rowley. I'll review later, but here are a coupla photos until then...




Listen to Nobody Jones by N'Dambi (look for black box on upper right)

6 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

It's nice to keep some things isn't it. Love your dress.

Unknown said...

uuuggghhh. *mad that i still don't have that album by n'dambi*

but anyway.

i like that name for the dress form. oh, and also mad that i can't win one for $20-$30 on ebay.

this reminds me of my duct tape double that didn't look anywhere as good as yours. may she rest in peace.*tear*

Victoria said...

Thanks for sharing the info on your vintage dressform. I've never seen one of these. It's pretty cool. Also, I love your dress--that fabric is fabulous! Can't wait to read the PR review!

Ann Made Studio said...

Your dress looks great.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

wow , 30$ that is good, love the fabric and dress as well.

Jada said...

Cute dress and fabric.