Wednesday, November 7

tipping in...

...still around, still sewing, but I'm getting myself back on track after some 'life stuff'. This past spring (after an awakening at work) I decided to get serious about the job search. I started the hunt this summer, after the wedding thing - which I have yet to update/blog....

Butttttttttttuuuummmmmmm yea......

After many adventures over the past few months, including a bout with vertigo, teenage drama with the firstborn and finding out that I'm becoming an aunt(!!!)  I've traded in my 15-minute country commute, sweatpants & hippie dresses, and cushy office for the dirty public transportation (yay MTA), stuffy wardrobe (dress for the job you want, *eyeroll*), and raggedy cubicle with loud neighbors  (cubicle etiquette anyone?)

Silver linings? Of course! I'm finally back on my career path/focus, I get to spend more time with the hubby (lunch dates), annnnnnd I am a couple of blocks away from the famous(?)  Guss Woolens.

I've read about this store on Miss Celie's blog and was super interested, but I rarely traveled to downtown Baltimore, and figured I would never go. I had forgotten all about it, until my first day on the job and I was on my way to the bowels of hell Lexington Market for lunch and I happened to walk past the store. I was able to make it in today and I was pretty impressed and hopeful.

The store is by no means glamorous or stocked floor to ceiling with bolts upon bolts, to me it's more like a treasure trove. Like, you'll come in from time to time and rummage through the bolts and remnants for that special piece or two. I purchased two remnants of suiting 3.5 yards each for 30 bucks total. VERY reasonable! One piece was Hugo Boss according to the clerk (HB was written on the fabric in chalk, along with the price $15, lol)

enough rambling on this worthless, picture-less post. Just want to say heeeeeyyyyy!!! and let you (and me) know I'm trying to get it together and get back in the swing of things.

tipping out...

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Believe it or not, I was thinking about you not too long ago- missing your pattern and RTW look match-ups. Good to see you are doing well and congrats on the new job!

Melodye said...

Congrats on the new job! Guss Woolens is a great place.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Congrats on the new job! Also, glad you are able to visit Guss Woolens now...I'm sure now that things are settling down that you'll have time to share your sewing with us!

DawnSSL said...

Congrats and welcome back... you were missed!

Monica D said...

Missed ya!!!

narcissaqtpie said...

heeeeeeey yall <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Faye Lewis said...

Nice to hear from you!

Myra said...

Welcome back....I understand how life can get in the way of your passion sometimes!

Unknown said...

Oh, I have been also busy with life and haven't sew anything for me since a year ago. Now all my projects are dedicated for my daughter. Sighs.... I started blogging again last week. I know the feeling of not being able to sew that much. Your projects are always great and I am happy to see you are back too. :)

Kandi-STYLE said...

Yay I'm so excited, I discovered your blog a few months ago and had checked in from time to time seeing if you were back! I completely understand "life stuff" I haven't updated my blog in like...eons, lol; but I will soon.
I just wanted to say Hi and that I'm looking forward to seeing your new posts.

-Kandis

Jacquirocks said...

We missed YOU!!! Hi there.

Tutu's, Ribbons, and Bows said...

I had a question and wasn't sure where to ask you... I came across this question you asked and got your blog link from here... Was just wondering if you ever bought this or what you decided to go with? Hope this is okay to ask! Thanks!! http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=23518

narcissaqtpie said...

@ Tutu's, Ribbons, and Bows i got the viking huskylock 905 I have a few posts about it. I still love it and use it just about every time i sew.

Tutu's, Ribbons, and Bows said...

Thank you! I have been looking through your blog... Love it!