Monday, April 6

I should have cheated...

I'm talking about with coffee! I had been banning coffee/caffeinated drinks from my life until bambino comes but this weekend hubby A.K.A Coffee Nerd Supreme brewed up some stuff I couldn't resist. I had a small cup both Saturday & Sunday and guess what...


I got three, yes THREE garments sewn and I wrote reviews! Hootie hoo!!

Vogue 1091

I made this one in a magenta & a gray interlock. This one will carry me through the summer with my post baby bod. I am ready to go find some cute sandals and some chunky bracelets to spice it up.

McCall's 5664

yes I made this back in October in red, and decided to try it again since it'd look cute as a maternity top. this time I made it with the short sleeves. I'll probably only get to wear it a few times until I bust out if it, but i like it.

I'm still gonna take it easy with joe, limiting it to weekends that I want to get some stuff done. It felt good to have some energy for once, but not so good sitting up past 1:00 am blogging about it.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your tops. I am also pregnant and like to see things like this to get inspired.

Adrienne said...

Your pregnancy went by SO quickly! Praying for an easy and safe delivery!!! You look wonderful!

Jada said...

Cute tops!! You look great!

Christina said...

I can't imagine going without coffee (or alcohol) for 9 months. You deserve a cup every now and then :)

I am planning to make that Vogue elastic neck dress too. It looks great and is very versatile (pre- and post-pregnancy) indeed!

Michelle said...

Great job converting the McCall's shirt to a maternity shirt. It is really adorable. Here's wishing you an easy delivery!

Unknown said...

ha! i'm not a coffee drinker but sometimes think i should indulge when i need an extra boost.

i really like the simple style of that first one. it's definitely good for spicing up with shoes and accessories.

Breath of Light said...

my favorites are the pink and gray dresses. i want one! lol.

MsMica said...

That Dave Chappelle vid is KILLING ME!!... ahhaa... and I'm mad/embarrased that coffee does the same to me sometimes... HA!!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

You look so cute. Your time is flying by, I know it probably doesn't feel like it. I know what you mean, my husband was adamant abuot the caffeine thing when I was preg. I snuck once in the beginning, which is probably the worst time. That was the one thing I had a problem letting go when I went vegan, but it's been worth it.

Aminat said...

The top and the dress look so stunning on you. Can't believe you can still sew with that tummy...lol. Wish you an easy delivery....

Sharon said...

OMG! You had me laughing at the Dave Chappelle thing! Thanks, that's going to crack me up for the rest of the day. I also tried to avoid coffee while pregnant but I caved in every now and then. Your tops look fabulous!