- Buy only ONE pattern per month. (gasp & swoon)
- Reduce pattern stash by 100.
- Get a REAL wardrobe. Based on Tim Gunn's 10 essentials.
- Get rid of 1/2 of my fabric stash, sewing or otherwise.
***Reward myself with a special gift if I succeed at my goals at year's end. ***
- I already bought January's pattern (on the 1st, lol) and IT WASNT ON SALE. Oh snap. I was desperate though. It was the new Cynthia Rowley Simplicity pattern, I only got it becuase I knew I'd never get it once it went on sale. I tried for months to buy Vogue 1151 at several Joann's in Baltimore, but it was always gone so I got it via BMV. I'm also not renewing my BMV membership to help disable temptation, because Vogue is my fave pattern company. It ends this month.
- My pattern addiction is hampering my mojo. I just have too many. I don't know what to sew!! I HAVE to get rid of 10 or more patterns per month. Less clutter = productivity.
- I feel like I have nothing to wear - especially for this year's personal goals, so I need to stop whining and do something about it. I am not going to sew everything, but I promise myself not to go for the cheapest option, whether I sew it or buy it. I need things to last.
- Ahh the fabric stash. I still have a lot of junk i'm holding on to. I see freecycle in my future. Stay tuned... I can honestly say my 2009 purchases were of quality - except some total crap from Joann
"Simply Silky Prints". Lesson learned. I will be able to resist fabric buying because I have a very frugal outlook for '10. Hubby is on the verge of finishing school and birthtown is looking less like a mirage (now housing market get it together PLEASE!!!)
I feel pretty solid about these goals so I'm going to print this posting and tack it to my inspiration board.