Saturday, June 9

Reviews: Butterick 5040 & Burda 8045

Butterick 5040
Size: 12-14 (m)
Pattern Critique: easy as heck! no instructions needed just pics
Fabric: lightweight rayon/lycra jersey from fashion fabrics club
Modifications: none
Results: cute, unique and comfy, just my style.

full review here

Burda 8045
Size: 14/40
Pattern Critique: easy to follow. i like that the bodice is lined so I can use cheap fabric. and I like the side zipper, makes it easier to put on
Fabric: cheapie cotton blend broadcloth in Rasta colors
Modifications: none
Results: the bust area is too tight. I think it's because the back needs more width so I'm going to remake it after I retrace that pattern piece.

full review here

Still not done with Kiddo's Burda 9657 from the sweatshop session, but I'll get to it soon. Here's progress:


And last but not least: I received my Cosmopolitan Dress pattern from HotPatterns this week. Let's just say I'm scurred....
  • the pattern envelope is HUGE & I do mean HUGE
  • there are no illustrations, just a couple of pages of instructions & advice
  • the fabric MUST be 60" which is limiting
  • the dress was super HAWT on Cidell and Christina, so I have big shoes to fill
but I'm down for the challenge. I have some fabric for the muslin so I will start tracing & fitting soon. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

dawn said...

LOL! I didn't know what "scurred" was until I looked at that pic...then I was scurred!

I love the baby doll dress...wow, those sleeves are fantastic. Great job on both dresses!

dawn said...

p.s. I love your style hive choices.

narcissaqtpie said...

LOL @ scurred!!! Thanks Dawn!!!